Ｈｏｗ ｔｏ ｃａｌｌ １１９
If you call 119 from Kanazawa city, Kahoku city, Tsubata-machi or Uchinada-machi, it will be connected to the firefighting command center installed in the fire department.
When you call, the staff will ask you questions. Please calm down and answer them.
*For an example, see the figure below. 【Example in case of fire】 【Example of calling for an ambulance】）
The important things to do when calling 119 are:
| 【Five points at the time of emergency call】
- Fire or Ambulance
Please clearly say “It's a fire” or “It's an emergency”.
Please tell us the address correctly and in detail.
Please tell us the names of buildings, parks, and intersections that can act as landmarks.
- Situation of fire or accident
Please tell us exactly what happened, and who is involved. For example, "The fire is on the third floor of a five-story building".
- Caller name and contact details
Please clarify the caller by saying “My name is xxx. Phone number is xxx-xxxx.”
- The caller's safety
Be sure to move to a safe place when making a call.
| 【Attention points when calling 119 with a mobile phone】
119 calls from mobile phones are increasing. Keep the following points in mind when making a 119 call with your mobile phone.
- To call 119, press "119" without an area code.
* While driving, be sure to stop in a safe place before making a call.
- Even if you make a call from a GPS-equipped mobile phone, we still may not be able to locate you depending on the model of your phone and where you are calling from, so please tell us your exact address and surrounding landmarks.
- If you call 119 near a city or town boundary, depending on the location, it may lead to calls to fire stations in other areas.
- As we may call you again from the firefighting command center for reconfirmation after reporting, please keep your phone on and remain available to receive calls.
【Example in case of fire】
【Example of calling for an ambulance】
【About the firefighting command center】
We manage firefighting communication command office work jointly in
Kanazawa city, Kahoku city, Tsubata-machi,and Uchinada-machi since April, 2008.